Monday, July 5, 2010

Stop and smell the roses


Life is so busy, days fly by so fast... I want to hold on tight and not let go to each and every moment.... let it marinate... hold my babies and let them stay young and little and in my lap forever. But time is fleeting.... and it is always night before I know it.
We have rose bushes all along our driveway. And when I am getting into the car, or coming home.. I always make it a point to stop and smell the roses.We have red, pink, white.. all beautiful.. all fragrant... I stopped to smell a yellow rose, and closed my eyes. I inhaled deeply.. fully in the present moment, lingering for some time. Then a bee reached my nostril...Whoa. I jerked back as it flew away.. whew, close one....
Lesson learned... Always stop and smell the roses... but not for too long :)

1 comment:

Bird Songs (poetry, random thoughts and music). said...

Mama Pearl, you have such a wonderful way with words! Xo, A. Bird